Mr. Padam Mehta
(A State Level Hindi Daily Published from Jodhpur-Jaipur) Born on May 11, 1949 at Jodhpur.
‘MANAK AWARD’ in 1981 to promote creative and investigative Journalism in Rajasthan. (So far 38 Journalist have been honored with cash prize and citation).
Problems of Famine, Draught, Hunger, Child-Marriage, Dowry, Literacy, Desert Industrialization etc. through ‘JALTE DEEP’ and ‘MANAK’. Also highlighted various aspects and spheres of Rajasthani language, Literature, Culture, art etc.
More than two hundred Dignitaries including then Prime Minister Smt. Indira Gandhi, Shri Rajeev Gandhi, Shri Narsimha Rao, Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Shri L.K. Advani, Governors and Chief Ministers of various States, several Central and State Cabinet Ministers, Journalists, Industrialists, Literary and other Eminent Personalties.etc.
‘Cyclone Relief Fund’ (In 1978 for cyclone victims in A.P.) ‘Flood Relief Fund’ (In 1979 for flood victims of W.Rajasthan) and ‘Bhookamp Relief Fund’ (In 1993 for earthquake victims of Maharashtra).Collected amount presented to Prime Minister in P.M.Relief Fund. Also distributed relief items to the flood victims of W.Rajasthan on spot.
Hundreds of News items as Chief Controller and Director of Manak T.V (An Electronic Media Unit Produced more than 990 episodes of Rajasthani Language Programs broadcasted on Doordarshan Jaipur, since 2001 to till date) Produced & Directed many documentaries broadcasted by Doordarshan National (DD-1) and Regional (Jaipur Kendra). Also Directed and Produced Audio Cassette “Azadi Andolan Ra Rajasthani Geet” released by Chief Minister of Rajasthan and appreciated.
(Thrice each) by State Government as Member of the Accreditation Advisory Committee and Classification Advisory Committee. Nominated three times as Member of the Rajasthani Bhasha, Sahitya Sanskrit Academy. Also nominated by the Central Government as Member Rajasthan Telecommunication Advisory Committee, Member Program Advisory Committee and Akashvani Jodhpur. Nominated by State Govt. as Member in very important Committee constituted for Rajasthani Language upliftment and reorganization in 8th schedule of constitution. Nominated as Member of Small Saving Advisory Committee in chairmanship of Chief Minister Rajasthan. Nominated by State Government as Member Patrakar Kalyan Kosh.
Economic Editor’s Conference (8 times) Social Sector Editor’s conference (5 times) organized by Govt.of India and written several articles on Economic affairs, Development and Social issues.
China and S.Korea (in 1993), France (1995) and USA (in 2000) as Member of Press Party with Prime Minister of India.
Awards & Honors
- Received ‘Dr.L.P.Tessitory Gold Medal’ (in 1982 at Calcutta)
- Bronze Shield (in 1982 at Delhi)
- ‘Marudhar Gaurav’ (in 1983 at Bombay)
- Silver Medal (in 1985 at Gauhati)
- ‘Rajasthan Shree'(in 1986 at Jaipur)
- ‘Rajasthani Bhasha Academy Journalism Award’ (in 1988 at Bikaner)
- Lions Club Citation (in 1989 at Jodhpur)
- ‘Yuva Ratan'(in 1990 by Rajasthan Jaycees)
- ‘Dowari Tajeem,
- Hath-ka- Kurab and Hathi Saropao'(in January 1994 by Jodhpur Darbar)
- ‘Mahatma Phule Award'(in 1995 at Jodhpur)
- Ram Ratan Koachar Journalism Award (In 2002 at Bikaner)
- ‘Marudhara Award’ (in March 2003 at Mumbai)
- Media Award (in Sept.2003 at New Delhi)
- Rajasthani Bhasha Sahitya Sevi Samman (in 2005 at Kolkata)
- ‘Jodhpur Gaurav’ (by Nagar Nigam in 2007 at Jodhpur)
- ‘Satya Shanti Samman’ (in 2007 at Jaipur).
- Jansampark Shri ( By PRSI, Jaipur in April 2012)
- Lakhotiya Purshakar (in Sept. 2012 at New Delhi)
- Outstanding Contribution Award (by Rana Canada in Nov. 2012 at Toronto, CA)
- Achievment Award (By Akhil Bhartiya Rajasthani Manyata Sangharsh Samiti, USA & Canada in May 2013 at New York)
- Life Time Achievement Award (By Calgary & Canada Rana in Aug. 2014)
- Honoured by Rajasthani Pracahrini Mandal at Ahmedabad (in 2015)
- Honoured by Lokmat AG Patrkarita Samman at Jaipur by Lokmat Samooh Nagpur (in 2016)
- Marwar Gaurav Samman by Zee news (2017 )
- Honoured by The Rajasthan Association – Uk (2018)
- Honourd by Rajasthan Sanstha Sangh (2019)
In addition to above, publically honored at many places by various institutions for upliftment of Rajasthani Language, Literature, Art and Culture.